EXPRESSION OF INTEREST/ СОНГОН ШАЛГАРУУЛАЛТ
SAM project seeks a qualified service provider to conduct a survey to evaluate effectiveness of all the trainings conducted by SAM and its partners in 2015-2017 and to assess ASMrs and traders who have introduced measures to improve responsible ASM following the trainings.
Duration of the service: 52 work days (October 9 – December 20, 2017)
Main tasks are:
- Conduct desk review and make a list of trainings conducted by SAM and by its partners with SAM funding (2015-2017) and a participants list by gender.
- Define the scope of the survey (number and type of interviews, target aimags and soums) and develop a workplan
- Develop a questionnaire for the survey
- Carry out the survey. Specific attention should be paid to the following :
- Assess what percentage of the trainees has formalized their activities, introduced measures to improve responsible ASM; analyse the reasons for not doing it.
- Measure the relevance of the trainings proposed, suggest ways of improving them
- Write a results-based report in English and Mongolian.
Qualifications and Requirements for a Service provider:
- The Service Provider shall be any institution (NGO or company) with extensive experience on conducting survey amongst local communities, community development, empowerment, good governance, human rights, participatory tools, as well as HRBA and Gender mainstreaming.
- Working experience with artisanal and small scale mining communities is an asset
- Competence in organizational assessment, appraisals and organizational development are a requirement.
- Good written skills both in Mongolian and English languages.
The proposal should include a cover letter (indicate the number of pages and the total amount of the proposed budget), the organization’s certificate and profile with brief information on related experiences, the work plan, 1-page resumes of team members and the financial proposal. The documents must be submitted in a sealed envelope before September 28, 2017, 05:00 PM at SAM Project reception desk. A soft copy of a whole set of documents must also be sent by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For detailed Terms of Reference, please find here
Only the selected candidate will be contacted.
Sustainable Artisanal Mining Project
Second Floor, Sky Plaza Business Center, A block
Embassy Street, Sukhbaatar District, Khoroo-1,
Tel: 976-11-328848;Fax: 976-11- 322415;